GSoC 2018 Application

Mingqiang Liang mqliang.zju at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 01:32:59 GMT 2018

Hello,

I am Liang Mingqiang (GitHub homepage https://github.com/mqliang <https://github.com/mqliang> ), a master student at CMU who want to apply GSoC 2018. I have 3 years Go experience, and I am an active contributor of Kubernetes and Etcd,  I also contribute the Go client for OWASP ZAP (see https://github.com/zaproxy/zap-api-go <https://github.com/zaproxy/zap-api-go>). In additional, I participated GSoC last year and successfully finished a Go project (see https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/archive/2017/projects/5449224187543552/ <https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/archive/2017/projects/5449224187543552/>).

I am already very familiar with Go, I’d like to take “Implement Binding for Go” as my GSoC project, which will make me get more familiar with SWIG and Xapian. I don’t think I need help at Go side, but I may need some instruction about SWIG and Xapian (such as set up a Xapian development environment and write an APP to verify the binding actually works, etc).

What I am supposed to do next step?

Best Regards,
Liang Mingqiang