Guidance for Xapian GSoC Project

Vivek Pal vivekpal.dtu at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 15:53:24 GMT 2018

Hi Neil,

Please keep all the GSoC related communications on the xapian-devel
mailing list (https://lists.xapian.org/mailman/listinfo/xapian-devel) so
that
more people can add their inputs in response to your queries.

> I would like to know how to start working towards a good proposal
> for implementing the advanced training method.

You can find it in detail in the DBN paper which is linked in the resources
section of the project idea. But before going into such details, I would
first
go through some literature on click models to develop a good understanding
of the things involved in click-stream mining and see how clickmodels are
useful there.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Vivek