[Xapian-discuss] xapian + plpgsql crash? have backtrace...

Eric Parusel eparusel at creativens.com
Mon Nov 1 09:03:40 GMT 2004

Olly Betts wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 30, 2004 at 12:53:24AM -0700, Eric Parusel wrote:
>
>>Olly Betts wrote:
>>
>>>Is Xapian being used in a threaded way here?  QueryParser currently uses
>>>a few global static objects (because it uses Bison) which means it's
>>>currently not safely reentrant.
>>
>>Well, I'm not sure what magic pl/perl uses to do it's job, but the
>>function (shown earlier in this thread) is relatively simple, I think.
>>I've never really tinkered with perl and threads...
>

> Does it all work if you don't use QueryParser, but instead use something
> like:
>
>   my $stem = Search::Xapian::Stemmer(q|english|);
>   my $q = Search::Xapian::QueryParser(OP_AND, map {$stem->stem_word($_)} split /\W+/, $query);
>   my $enq = $db->enquire($q);
>
> If so, that would suggest it is indeed the QueryParser.

It seems to run fine if I use Search::Xapian::Query instead of
Search::Xapian::QueryParser...

Using QueryParser would make it easier to support more complex search
queries, but I'm not sure what could be done to get it working properly
in my instance...
I will most likely just settle on the use of ::Query as I am quite short
on time :)

Thanks,
Eric