[Xapian-discuss] xapian + plpgsql crash? have backtrace...

Eric Parusel eparusel at creativens.com
Mon Nov 1 09:03:40 GMT 2004

Olly Betts wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 30, 2004 at 12:53:24AM -0700, Eric Parusel wrote:
>>Olly Betts wrote:
>>>Is Xapian being used in a threaded way here?  QueryParser currently uses
>>>a few global static objects (because it uses Bison) which means it's
>>>currently not safely reentrant.
>>Well, I'm not sure what magic pl/perl uses to do it's job, but the
>>function (shown earlier in this thread) is relatively simple, I think.
>>I've never really tinkered with perl and threads...
> Does it all work if you don't use QueryParser, but instead use something
> like:
>   my $stem = Search::Xapian::Stemmer(q|english|);
>   my $q = Search::Xapian::QueryParser(OP_AND, map {$stem->stem_word($_)} split /\W+/, $query);
>   my $enq = $db->enquire($q);
> If so, that would suggest it is indeed the QueryParser.

It seems to run fine if I use Search::Xapian::Query instead of

Using QueryParser would make it easier to support more complex search
queries, but I'm not sure what could be done to get it working properly
in my instance...
I will most likely just settle on the use of ::Query as I am quite short
on time :)