[Xapian-discuss] Test builds for CYGWIN and IRIX?

Michael Sisolak msisolak at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 29 18:13:01 GMT 2004

On Mon, Nov 22, 2004 at 03:35:57AM +0000, Olly Betts wrote:

> I'm starting to prepare the next release.  Since 0.8.3 I've made a
> number of changes to get working builds working on HPUX and OSF, and
> made some of the Windows specific bits more robust.  I'd like to
check
> that these haven't broken CYGWIN or IRIX builds, but I don't have
> access to these platforms.  If you are able to test, it'd be most
> appreciated if you could.  Download a CVS snapshot from here:
>
> http://www.oligarchy.co.uk/xapian/HEAD/
>
> Unpack, configure, and "make" then "make check".  If it fails, send a
> log.  If it doesn't, send details of the OS and compiler versions.

I've been working on getting Xapian to build under MinGW and have been
successful getting the current Xapian HEAD compiled with MinGW 3.1.0
("make check" passes all tests).  My only difficulty was in getting the
Python bindings built.  It (and maybe other bindings, but I didn't try
them) needs to link to the query parser library, but that library isn't
getting built as a DLL by the standard make process.  Since i686 GCC
won't link to a library this way, it bails out.  I was able to tweak
the makefile for the query parser library to link with -no-undefined
and get a libxapianqueryparser-3.dll generated.  Is this something that
could be done in the standard makefile?

Michael Sisolak
msisolak at yahoo.com