[Xapian-discuss] Omega and indexing documents

Christiano Anderson anderson at pegasus.eti.br
Wed Aug 10 19:12:12 BST 2005

Hello,

I am trying to build a script in Python to add documents to a database.
After that I am trying to use Omega to search into this database, but
Omega cannot retrieve any information from it. I have read omindex.cc
but I thing I am doing something wrong or something is missing.

This is the script I am using to index:

------- index.py -------
import xapian
db = xapian.WritableDatabase("teste01", xapian.DB_CREATE_OR_OPEN)
doc = xapian.Document()

record = """caption=Test page
sample=This is a test
size=4554
url=http://www.test.com
"""

doc.set_data(record)
doc.add_term("Ttext/html")
doc.add_term("Hhttp://www.test.com")

doc.add_posting(record, 1)
db.add_document(doc)
------ EOF -------

When I open the database with get_data() function, I can retrieve the
following information:

---
caption=Test page
sample=This is a test
size=4554
url=http://www.test.com
---

But Omega doesn't return anything when I submit a 'test' search. Can
someone point me where is the mistake? Am I using the add_term function
on the right way?

Thanks

Christiano