[Xapian-discuss] Python bindings

Christiano Anderson anderson at minasad.com.br
Thu Jun 16 14:35:17 BST 2005

Hello,

I am trying to dig through Python Xapian bindings, by running
simplesearch.py and simpleindex.py examples.

I can index some data using simpleindex, but when I try to search, I got
the following python error:

NotImplementedError: No matching function for overloaded 'new_Query'

I couldn't finde the new_Query function on Python module. Is this a bug
or the module is incomplete?

Xapian has been installed on Debian GNU/Linux (woody), Fedora Core 3 and
Fedora Core 4 and I get this error in all these GNU/Linux boxes.

Any clue?

Thanks a lot,

Christiano