[Xapian-discuss] Iterating through all the documents of a db

Marco Tabini marcot at tabini.ca
Sat Jun 25 04:26:34 BST 2005

On 6/24/05 6:28 PM, "Olly Betts" <olly at survex.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 24, 2005 at 05:27:33PM -0400, Marco Tabini wrote:
>> Is there a way to iterate through all the documents in a database? I *can*
>> just get the last doc id and work my way through sequentially, trapping any
>> errors which indicate that a specific document doesn't exist... But that
>> seems like such an inefficient way of doing things :)
>
> That's the way to do it at present.  See:

Okay--at least I know I'm on the right track :)

One other question--is the docid invariant? In other words, if I ever delete
a document from a database, will its docid change? If I combine several
databases together, will their docids change if there is duplication (i.e.:
same docid across multiple dbs?).

Thanks,

Marco