[Xapian-discuss] Input files and special chars and spaces

Floris Bos flbos at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 9 18:55:25 BST 2005

Thank you for the explanation on the handling of special chars. As for the
sample text: I was blaming Omega for the problems I had with my XML parser.

However one problem keeps occuring:
When I enter a text that contains < or > the text is chopped right before
the first occurence of one of these chars. I figured out that it's
$htmlstrip that does this, am I right here? It would not be a very big
problem if this is the case but I want to be sure that this problem doesn't
has another cause.

So is it standard that $htmlstrip chops of the text before < or >? Is there
a way to work round this and still remove the < and > chars?