[Xapian-discuss] Long query times

tech at dbx.co.uk tech at dbx.co.uk
Thu Sep 29 15:39:38 BST 2005

Hi,

I've created a Xapian db of CVs submitted to the company I work for
(~800,000) to give a directory of ~6GB. Unfortunately some of the searches
can take several seconds to complete, and this gets dramatically worse for
concurrent queries.

In terms of indexing I've just indexed everything -as we want a free-text
system and I am using the Search::Xapian Perl package.

Any ideas as to what I could do to speed things up? One potential problem
is that the index is not really aged as old CVs may be updated as well as
new ones.

The machines are reasonably specced (dual 2.4Ghz Xeons with 5GB memory)

TIA

Jeremy