[Xapian-discuss] Omega

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Wed Feb 8 09:57:53 GMT 2006

On Tue, Feb 07, 2006 at 04:42:47PM -0500, Jim Lynch wrote:
> Are there any options to forming queries with Omega?  For instance can
> you specify a proximity search like "file near 5 manager"?  If so, where
> might I find this documented?  I don't see it in the docs directory.

Omega uses the QueryParser, so see the documentation for that:

http://www.xapian.org/docs/queryparser.html

I recall this being asked before.  I'll add a note to the Omega
documentation, as it's not obvious to look in the xapian-core
documentation for this information.

"NEAR" is supported, but currently the distance is fixed at "within 10
words".