[Xapian-discuss] tcpsrv and db update

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Tue Oct 3 12:59:40 BST 2006

On Tue, Oct 03, 2006 at 01:36:58PM +0200, Tomasz Jackowiak wrote:
> I'm using xapian through php binding. After inserting new data into
> database I have to restart xapian-tcpsrv service to see them in the
> search result. I've tried to use 'Database_reopen()' function but
> without any effect. What am I missing?

There's a bug in 0.9.6 - reopen() on a remote database doesn't actually
do anything.  SVN HEAD includes a rewrite of the remote backend which
fixes this, allows remote databases to support writing, and includes
sundry other improvements and enhancements.  Hopefully 0.9.7 should be
out sometime this week or next.