[Xapian-discuss] Debian and Ubuntu packages for Xapian 0.9.7

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Fri Oct 13 02:01:49 BST 2006

I've prepared Debian and Ubuntu packages for Xapian 0.9.7.  There are
binary packages for i386 and amd64.

The debian packages are for unstable/testing and stable.  The library
version has increased, so xapian-core is currently in the "NEW" queue
awaiting manual approval:

Hopefully it will be processed in a few days, but meanwhile you can get
binary packages for i386 and amd64, and source packages for any arch
from http://www.xapian.org/debian/ - see the download page for details
of how to use this automatically from apt:

Once Debian release etch, I intend to phase out backports to the current
Debian stable release and provide backports to etch instead.

I've built Ubuntu packages for breezy, dapper, and edgy (again with
binary packages for i386 and amd64).

I only remembered that I said I'd discontinue breezy packages after they
were already built and uploaded:

But this really will be the last release with breezy packages, especially
since edgy is due for release this month.

Sadly, it seems like only xapian-core will be in edgy, despite my
prodding, so I intend to provide packages for edgy and dapper for the
next 6 months or so.