[Xapian-discuss] compile problem

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Tue Oct 17 01:46:31 BST 2006

On Mon, Oct 16, 2006 at 04:19:16PM -0400, mlewis at xelent.net wrote:
> That did the trick (at least it compiled without error).

If you're keen and have time, running "make check" will actually
exercise this code.  It can take a while under valgrind though.

This makes me think - it doesn't make much sense to build the testsuite
harness on "make" as it's only actually used during "make check".  I
think there may have been historical reasons why things are as they
are which no longer apply.  Now it just makes a normal build take a
little longer and use a little more diskspace!

I also think "testsuite" should probably be made a subdirectory of
"tests" to reduce the number of top-level directories and simplify the
makefile structure.