[Xapian-discuss] Building RPM on RHEL4

Tim Brody tdb01r at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Jun 1 12:16:09 BST 2007

Olly Betts wrote:
> On Thu, May 31, 2007 at 10:56:18PM +0100, Tim Brody wrote:
>> [tdb01r at shorty xapian-core-1.0.0]$ autoreconf --force
>> configure.ac:112: require Automake 1.9.5, but have 1.9.2
>> autoreconf: automake failed with exit status: 1
>>
>> Dropping the version to 1.9.2 lets it package on RHEL4 without error
>> (although I haven't tested it on a live system).
>
> Should be fine - there wasn't a good reason to require 1.9.5, just a
> good reason not to require anything newer.
>
>> DAG rpm only has mono-1.1 for RHEL4, so CSharps out.
>
> Umm (again!):
>
>     BuildRequires: mono-devel >= 1.1

Oops, I meant xapian requires 1.1, but DAG only has 1.0.

Here's the versions of all the direct dependencies that RHEL4 provides:

autoconf-2.59
automake-1.9.2
libtool-1.5.6
python-devel-2.3.4
php-devel-4.3.9
tcl-devel-8.4.7

Using the RPMs for mono 1.2.4 from
http://www.go-mono.com/download-stable/rhel-4-i386/ I can build the
-csharp package. (As mono isn't in RHEL4 anyway, that's not
unreasonable, just less convenient than DAG).

Adding your patch for the python Makefile allows the python RPM to be built.

I've added the remaining two RPMs to my home directory.

Cheers,
Tim.