[Xapian-discuss] Xapian and Mediawiki?

Richard Boulton richard at lemurconsulting.com
Tue Jun 5 14:21:00 BST 2007

John Pye wrote:
> I wonder if anyone has done any work on integrating Xapian with Mediawiki?
>
> I've been having trouble with the default MySQL-based search index built
> in to Mediawiki and setting up their recommended Lucene.net solution
> looks a bit arduous.
>
> I see that some Moin-based wikis have adopted Xapian.

There was a "google summer of code" project last summer which
implemented a Xapian based search backend for MoinMoin, which is why
that's happening.  I don't know of anyone doing the same for Mediawiki
though, unfortunately.

It'd be lovely if someone were to implement a Xapian based search
backend for Mediawiki.  I'm playing with a dump of the wikipedia data
for doing some performance tests at present, but that's not quite the
same thing...

--
Richard