[Xapian-discuss] xapian 1.0.0 / 1.0.1 fatal problem

Alexander Lind malte at webstay.org
Tue Jun 12 22:07:08 BST 2007

Hi All

I have been using xapian 0.9.x (via the swig php5 bindings) for a long
while now and all has been working well for what I've done with it so
far. Note I'm not using omega, I have my own indexing and searching scripts.
I installed xapian 1.0.0 three days ago, and completely purged the
xapian index in order to rebuild it.

The only thing in the code that I had to change for this upgrade to work
was the now deprecated stem operations, which was easily accomplished.

The big fatal problem is: Xapian now completely fails to return any
results on any search.

As far as the indexing goes, everything seems to be working like it
should. 'delve' finds all terms like expected, and the stemming is correct.

The search script doesn't return any errors, only a valid (but empty)
response in the enquire object.

I have upgraded to xapian 1.0.1 now, but the problem persists.

I'm using ubuntu 7.04, with the prebuilt xapian packages from xapian.org.

Does anyone have any ideas of what might be wrong?  It seems that some
other people in the mailing list have had similar problems, but I have
not been able to read out any solutions of that correspondence.

Cheers
Alec