[Xapian-discuss] Debian and Ubuntu packages for 1.0.1 now available

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Tue Jun 12 23:54:36 BST 2007

I've prepared Debian and Ubuntu packages for 1.0.1, see the download
page for details:

http://www.xapian.org/download.php

In particular, note that the repository on xapian.org is now signed,
so you'll need to import the repository key (instructions for how to
do so are on the download page linked to above).

The repository key is signed by my key, which I've not yet had signed
by anyone else, but at least once you've installed the key you're
pretty well protected against forged packages, so this is better than
the previous situation.

Packages are available there for Debian oldstable, stable, and unstable
and for Ubuntu dapper, edgy, feisty, and gutsy - binary packages for
amd64 and i386, otherwise you'll need to build the source packages
(again, instructions on the download page).

The packages have also been uploaded to the official Debian repository
(thanks to Enrico Zini for sponsoring them), but the shlib version has
changed so they'll need to go through the "NEW queue".  After that
they'll hopefully be synced to Ubuntu before the gutsy release.