[Xapian-discuss] Empty results OMEGA with XAPIAN 1.0.1

Jim jim at fayettedigital.com
Fri Jun 15 11:28:55 BST 2007

James Aylett wrote:

>>> Turns out it does work if I use --stemmer=dutch, but it doesn't when
>>> using --stemmer=none.
>>> Default stemmer is english right?
>>>
>> Do you have any solution for this? I don't want to use the stemmer in
>> some projects.
>>

> Can you explain why you talk about the 'default' stemmer immediately
> after --stemmer=none? It's confused me.
>
> Note that you can't change the stemmer used by scriptindex without
> making a code change at the moment. Everything else should work, as
> far as I'm aware.

I'm very interested in this statement.  Are you saying because I'm using
scriptindex/omega in my project and setting --stemmer=none I'd better
not upgrade to 1.0.x?   What code has to be changed?  Are you implying
that something in scriptindex is broken?

I think I have followed this mail list pretty closely and either missed
this deficiency or am not getting all the email.  I looked in the omega
source tree and didn't find any references to --stemmer=none being broken.

Thanks,
Jim.