[Xapian-discuss] Having trouble compiling xapian-bindings for php

Josh leftdrive at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 06:55:24 BST 2007

On 6/15/07, Josh <leftdrive at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 6/15/07, Olly Betts <olly at survex.com> wrote:
> >
> > Firstly, I think the bug here is probably only in how we're trying to
> > run the tests.  If you actually installed the PHP bindings and tried to
> > use them, you'll probably find they work.
> >
> > But even if that's the case, it would be good to fix this.
> >
> > Can you see if this makes the tests run and pass:
> >
> >     LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib make check
>

> Perfect. The test have passed

I created a symbolic link so this will work for me.
ln -s /usr/local/lib/libxapian.so.15 /usr/lib/libxapian.so.15

I copied the examples provided in Quickstart document and was able to create
an index and query it. However the php wrapper does not return results.
Still diggin into this and not sure where to start.

[josh at home XAPIAN]$ ./quickstartsearch proverbs look
Performing query `Xapian::Query(look)'
1 results found
Document ID 2   99% [Don't look a gift horse in the mouth]

[josh at home XAPIAN]$ php simplesearch.php5 proverbs look
Parsed query is: Xapian::Query(Zlook:(pos=1))
0 results found:

Also was not able to create an index using simpleindex.php5, the script runs
without error but just stays open til I ctrl+c.

Josh