[Xapian-discuss] Xapian 1.0.1 released

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Mon Jun 18 03:19:06 BST 2007

On Mon, Jun 18, 2007 at 03:56:08AM +0200, Reini Urban wrote:
> I know it's a bit late but I always was annoyed that make install will leave
> out the templates and the images. so I patched Makefile.am

Did you intend to share this patch?

> pkglibdir is now xapian-omega and not omega so I reverted back to
> /usr/lib/omega/bin also.

That was a deliberate change.  There's a game called "Omega" (in a
similar style to NetHack I believe), and there's a TeX related program
called Omega, so when packaging we really need to call the package
"xapian-omega".  For consistency between packages and building from
source, we decided to use "xapian-omega" in the tarball name and
installation directories.