[Xapian-discuss] Document::set_data() Limitations?

David dmorris at sirca.org.au
Mon Jun 25 07:08:08 BST 2007

Hi there,

I'm wondering if there is any limitations (hard or soft) to what you can shove
into Document's set_data?

Can I put in binary data? Or is it really just meant for text? Is there a
practical limit to how much information we can put in there?

I suspect that I'll be putting in quite a lot, as in a couple to maybe a hundred
MB. Is this silly?

I'm still in the investigation stage, and would just like to know where my
limits are so I can design this properly.

Cheers