[Xapian-discuss] 1.0.0 build problems

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Wed Jun 27 18:08:44 BST 2007

On Wed, Jun 27, 2007 at 04:40:00PM +0100, James Aylett wrote:
> This is our fault: Z_RLE isn't in 1.1.4 of zlib, which is what's on
> Solaris 10 by default (no idea what's in Solaris 9). So we need a test
> for a more recent version. 1.2.3 (Debian stable has it) has Z_REL, so
> I'm guessing the 1.2 series is required for our code.

That's what I was suspecting when I said the problem might be too old a
version of zlib.

This is already fixed in SVN (which will work with zlib 1.1.x too),
though I'd recommend using zlib 1.2.3 since 1.2.x claims to decompress
"about 20% faster".

To get 1.0.0 or 1.0.1 to compile, just comment out the line which
mentions Z_RLE (which should be where the error is reported).