[Xapian-discuss] QueryParser + Stopper broken? (at least from Perl)

Mark Blythe list at markblythe.com
Sun Mar 18 05:52:46 GMT 2007

Hi,

This is my first day experimenting with Xapian, and it was working
quite well until I tried using a stopper.  I'm using the Perl bindings
(Search::Xapian), and as soon as I add a stopper into the mix, I get a
segmentation fault.  Here is a short script to demonstrate:

use strict;
use Search::Xapian qw(:standard);

my $qp = new Search::Xapian::QueryParser();
$qp->set_stopper(new Search::Xapian::SimpleStopper('the'));

my $q = $qp->parse_query(join(' ', @ARGV));
print $q->get_description, "\n\n";

Now, running something like this causes a segfault:

perl testsearch.pl the problem

Comment out the set_stopper line and it works ok.

I'm using:

Debian Linux
Perl 5.8.6
Xapian 0.9.10