[Xapian-discuss] UTF-8 trunk, tarballs, 0.9.10?

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Mon Mar 19 14:27:22 GMT 2007

On Fri, Mar 16, 2007 at 09:26:31AM +0100, Andreas Marienborg wrote:
> I have tried to follow the steps in make-source-package for building
> a source-package that I can later build a binary package from, but I
> cannot seem to make it compile the source-package I built. The
> languages/ directory is empty (as it also is in the build-nodebug
> directory of my working copy).

I've not tried to build Debian packages for SVN HEAD since it branched
from 0.9.9, and I wouldn't be totally suprised to find it needs
updating for SVN HEAD.  But it should start from the "make dist"
tarball which should include such files.  I'd suggest you make sure
you're using "./configure --enable-maintainer-mode", or start from
an SVN snapshot tarball.

Also, note that the "snapshot mode" probably doesn't work (I've never
tried it, but there's a "FIXME" comment from Richard saying that it is
"currently broken").  Now the SVN snapshots include the SVN revision
I think it makes more sense to start from these if we want debian
snapshot packages, as it would minimise differences between how
snapshots and releases are packaged.  Patches to improve that are
certainly welcome!