[Xapian-discuss] Ruby Gem?

Richard Boulton richard at lemurconsulting.com
Thu Nov 15 13:38:52 GMT 2007

I assume a Ruby Gem is somewhat like a Java Jar or a Python Egg.  If
that's a good way of distributing Xapian support for Ruby, I'd certainly
like to see it supported.  Currently, neither Olly nor I are particular
well versed in Ruby, and no-one else appears to be actively working on
the Xapian Ruby interface.  We'd be delighted if someone who knows Ruby
properly was able to step in and provide improvements for the Ruby
bindings, and any packaging or interface layers like this.

--
Richard