[Xapian-discuss] Further problems with xapian-check (after patching)

Charlie Hull charlie at juggler.net
Wed Nov 21 10:19:36 GMT 2007

Hi all,

I have had a problem reported with Xapian running on Windows and have
managed to reproduce the problem myself (Windows XP latest service
packs, Xapian core 1.0.4).

The problem concerns xapian-check and manifests both with and without
the recent patch (see Olly's message of the 17th). Running xapian-check
on the database produced by the termgentest gives the error as follows:

--
 >xapian-check.exe ..\..\tests\.flint\tg_spell1

record:
baseB blocksize=8K items=0 lastblock=0 revision=1 levels=0 root=(faked)
void B-tree checked okay
tg_spell1/record table: Don't know how to check structure

termlist:
baseB blocksize=8K items=0 lastblock=0 revision=1 levels=0 root=(faked)
void B-tree checked okay
tg_spell1/termlist table: Don't know how to check structure

postlist:
baseB blocksize=8K items=0 lastblock=0 revision=1 levels=0 root=(faked)
void B-tree checked okay
tg_spell1/postlist table: Don't know how to check structure

position:
Lazily created, and not yet used.

value:
Lazily created, and not yet used.

spelling:
baseB blocksize=8K items=25 lastblock=0 revision=1 levels=0 root=0
B-tree error 40
xapian-check.exe: btree error
--

The original problem concerns database corruption, but I thought it
would be best to sort out why xapian-check is failing first. Any hints

Cheers

Charlie