[Xapian-discuss] find document by doc path

Clemens Zeidler clemens.zeidler at rwth-aachen.de
Thu Nov 22 11:49:38 GMT 2007

Hi Olly

>> assign the path to the document. In the FAQ is supposed to add the doc
>> id
>> (the path) as a term to the document.
>
> Yes, that's how I'd do it.
But then finding the doc is not 100% unambiguously. Because of this I
searched for an other solution.

>> Query (Query::op op_, PATH_ID, "/home/user/file.txt",
>> "/home/user/file.txt")
> That code doesn't make sense - I assume you mean to use OP_VALUE_RANGE
> here?
Yes sure.

>> Is there a drawback to do such a query on a value? Or is a query on a
>> value even faster?
>
> The major drawback is that this will be a lot slower than using a term.

Ah ok I assumed the same algorithem is used to query the values. And for
that it would be faster because the number of values is smaller then the
number of terms.
Why it is a lot slower? Which algorithem do you use for storing the values?

thanks
	Clemens