[Xapian-discuss] Re: xapian's cache

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Sun Nov 25 10:48:18 GMT 2007

On Sat, Nov 24, 2007 at 09:43:00AM -0800, Andrey wrote:

> Do u suggest any utilities to monitor the OS filesystem caches so I can
> try to monitor + tune them

Monitoring is in a bit of a state of flux at the moment. I've used
Cacti with considerable success in the past, but Zenoss looks
promising for the future, although it hasn't made it into all (or even
many) OS distributions yet, and it can apparently be difficult to
install because of the dependencies. I haven't tried it yet.