[Xapian-discuss] Problems with xapian php bindings in osx

Frank Claycomb fclaycomb at mntntp.com
Tue Nov 27 14:25:00 GMT 2007

Hello,

I am attempting to run the smoketest.php file from my devserver and
am getting nothing but errors.  It looks like it did not install
correctly.  Yesterday I compiled the source on os x and it appeared
to install just fine, but now it is not working at all.  I tried to
replace the location of the xapian.php file with a hardcoded located
and got a different set of errors.  Here are the errors with the
original smoketest.php

Warning: include(php5/xapian.php) [function.include]: failed to open
stream: No such file or directory in /Users/mttuser/Sites/IEOC/
smoketest.php on line 25

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'php5/
xapian.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php')
in /Users/mttuser/Sites/IEOC/smoketest.php on line 25

Fatal error: Class 'Xapian' not found in /Users/mttuser/Sites/IEOC/
smoketest5.php on line 23

Here are the errors that I get when I point to the location of
xapian.php:

Warning: dl() [function.dl]: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/
local/php5/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/xapian.so' -
(null) in /usr/local/php5/xapian.php on line 23

Fatal error: Class 'Xapian' not found in /Users/mttuser/Sites/IEOC/
smoketest5.php on line 23

If i move the xapian.so file into the no-debug-non-zts-20060613
directory i get yet more errors.  The file is taken from /usr/lib/php/
extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20020429/xapian.so

Warning: dl() [function.dl]: |¦BŸ: Unable to initialize module
Module compiled with module API=20020429, debug=0, thread-safety=0
PHP compiled with module API=20060613, debug=0, thread-safety=0 These
options need to match in /usr/local/php5/xapian.php on line 23

Fatal error: Class 'Xapian' not found in /Users/mttuser/Sites/IEOC/
smoketest5.php on line 23

If anyone has any idea of what is going on help would be greatly
appreciated.

-Frank

Frank Claycomb
Software Developer