[Xapian-discuss] Updating documents in a database

Robert Parker parkerrl at ldc.upenn.edu
Wed Nov 28 19:23:21 GMT 2007

Hi,

I have an existing database of documents, and I'd like to add a value to
each of the documents without having to recreate the entire database.

The only way I've thought of to do this is to open the database, get
each document sequentially, add the relevant value, and then replace the
existing version of the document with the upated copy, using the docid.

Is that my only option, or is there a better way to do it?

I'm using the Python bindings against xapian-1.0.4 on 32-bit FreeBSD
5.4.

Thanks,
Bob