[Xapian-discuss] Always returning ALL the documents matching a query

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Sun Dec 28 22:56:31 GMT 2008

On Sun, Dec 28, 2008 at 05:52:57PM -0500, tata 668 wrote:

> Let's say I always want Xapian to return me ALL the documents
> matching a query, not a subset. What is the best way to achieve
> that?

You could request an MSet of size the number of documents in your
database -- $db->get_doccount() in PHP will give you this.

Of course, if you end up getting lots of matching documents, you could
well bomb out of a PHP request by running out of memory or something,
but that's an entirely different issue.