[Xapian-discuss] Looking back, and forwards!

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Thu Jan 3 02:16:33 GMT 2008

On Wed, Jan 02, 2008 at 03:06:27PM -0500, Jarrod Roberson wrote:
> On 1/1/08, Olly Betts <olly at survex.com> wrote:
>
> > Aside from living the other side of the planet, I'm intending to keep
> > working on Xapian much as I do now, though it may be a few weeks before
> > I have a permanent net connection.  I've earmarked some things to look
> > at which are self-contained, but this may affect when 1.0.6 and 1.1.0
> > happen.
>
> Maybe the Java Swig bindings can get some love while you are "off-line" :-)

That is actually one of the things I've ear-marked.  It's mostly been
stalled on a SWIG buglet - it can't generate Java wrappers for a
constructor taking parameters "unsigned int" and "bool".  But I've
figured out a way around that now I believe.

Are you using the java-swig bindings currently?  Any problems?

> BTW I think the updates are being released on a pretty good interval.
> To many releases too quickly and the product looks unstable. And the
> opposite the product looks stale. I think you guys are releasing at a
> just right pace.

It's good to hear it seems about right from a user perspective too.