[Xapian-discuss] Help me compile xapian + python on solaris

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Fri Jan 11 23:30:38 GMT 2008

On Fri, Jan 11, 2008 at 05:00:40PM -0500, mario alejandro wrote:
>  ./configure --prefix=/opt/local --with-python
> XAPIAN_CONFIG=/opt/local/bin/xapian-config
>
> config.status: config.h is unchanged
> config.status: executing depfiles commands
>
> *** Not found the required tools for building bindings for any
> *** supported language!

This is telling you that configure didn't find the required tools for
building bindings for any supported language.

You asked for "--with-python", so this means that configure didn't
find the Python-related things it needs.  Perhaps it's also under
"/opt/local" and you don't have "/opt/local/bin" on your PATH.  Look
at the output from configure where it probes for "python" and "Python.h"
for clues.

> *** You may need to install -dev or -devel packages for the languages
> *** you want to build bindings for.
> ***
> *** For details of how to point configure at tools not on PATH, see:
> ***     ./configure --help

If you have python installed, but not on your PATH, you need to tell
configure where it is.  You can see how in "./configure --help" - see
also the INSTALL document in the xapian-bindings sources.