[Xapian-discuss] Help me compile xapian + python on solaris

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Sat Jan 12 01:57:11 GMT 2008

On Sat, Jan 12, 2008 at 12:23:15AM +0000, Olly Betts wrote:

> > ar_traits.h: In static member function `static wchar_t*
> > std::char_traits<wchar_t
> > >::assign(wchar_t*, size_t, wchar_t)':
> > /usr/sfw/lib/gcc/i386-pc-solaris2.11
> > /3.4.3/../../../../include/c++/3.4.3/bits/ch
> > ar_traits.h:344: error: `wmemset' undeclared (first use this function)
>
> http://www.google.com/search?q=char_traits.h%3A344%3A+error+wmemset+undeclared

This seems to be an interaction with _XOPEN_SOURCE, possibly something
to do with open64 et al? (Guess.) Note that although I get a warning
with 3.3 on Solaris 9 sparcv9 running in 32bit output mode about
_XOPEN_SOURCE, I don't get the above error.

If you can confirm you platform details, I may be able to find a
similar machine to test build against.

It may be worth grabbing gcc 3.4.6 from
<http://www.sunfreeware.com/>, which installs in /usr/local and (in my
experience) works okay.

> Otherwise, I think you need to consider deploying on a different
> platform if you have a tight deadline.

Solaris is an important platform for me, so if your deadline isn't
very tight but you're locked to Solaris I'd like to try to help you
get through the build process. I will need some more details about
what you have installed where (which packages, and where they come
from - solaris freeware, Solaris core, and so forth).