[Xapian-discuss] Help me compile xapian + python on solaris

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Sun Jan 13 20:11:38 GMT 2008

On Fri, Jan 11, 2008 at 09:04:25PM -0500, mario alejandro wrote:

> Also, is 64 bits:
>
> /usr/bin/isainfo -kv
> 64-bit amd64 kernel modules

The kernel's bitwidth doesn't really matter in this case, as both
32bit and 64bit userspace programs should still work. What does:

$ file `which python`

give?

I've found a Sol10 amd64 box with a 32bit python, and am building on
that. If that works (and my experience with Sol10 on sparcv9 lends me
to believe it will), then it's most likely a Sol11 preview issue,
which I'm not going to look into, although I'll happily validate build
patches against earlier Solarises.