[Xapian-discuss] Help me compile xapian + python on solaris

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Tue Jan 15 22:46:25 GMT 2008

On Tue, Jan 15, 2008 at 05:00:04PM -0500, mario alejandro wrote:

> > $ file `which python`
>
> /opt/local/bin/python: ELF 32-bit LSB executable 80386 Version 1 [FPU],
> dynamically linked, stripped

Okay, this probably won't work, but see what happens if you unpack
<http://tartarus.org/james/xapian-python-bindings-1.0.5-bin.tar.gz>
somewhere and add it to PYTHONPATH. If that *does* work, (a) I'll be
somewhat impressed, (b) it's a problem with the Solaris 11 build
system *only*, rather than Sol11 itself.

You may have to delete the .pyc and .pyo files, and you'll need to
have installed the dynamic Xapian into your library path (or in
LD_LIBRARY_PATH).

However it probably won't work, because there's all sorts of reasons
why this might go wrong (linkage, primarily).