[Xapian-discuss] How to make term weight ignored?

Sungsoo Kim xingshou at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 08:50:12 GMT 2008

I have learned there are two ways to apply weight to the terms from the
following FAQ.

My xapian database was built with term weight set, which is the 2nd method
in the above document. Usually this is fine and I use BM25Weight scheme. But
sometimes I want to ignore the term weight in the database and use different
weight using OP_SCALE_WEIGHT.

But I couldn't find a way to do this. If I use BoolWeight scheme, would term
weight in the database be ignored and OP_SCALE_WEIGHT still be effective?

Sungsoo Kim