[Xapian-discuss] debs for perl libs

Amias Channer amias at amias.org.uk
Wed Jul 16 13:05:37 BST 2008

> On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 12:29:29AM +0100, Matthew Somerville wrote:
>> I wrote:
>> > Do you mean libsearch-xapian-perl? I'm using 1.0.5 fine on etch for
>> > TheyWorkForYou; looks like I simply made it using dh-make-perl on a
>> > sarge machine, and that installs fine (for us) on an etch machine.
>>
>> Hmm, no, I remembered wrongly, but thankfully I posted to this very list
>> at
>> the time! :)
>> http://lists.xapian.org/pipermail/xapian-discuss/2008-January/005153.html

aah just what i needed thanks matthew :)

> Note that the Search::Xapian debian packaging was put together by
> someone else (Frank Lichtenheld, IIRC) and is maintained by the Debian
> Perl packaging team, so you might do better to direct bug reports to
> them rather than this list.

ok will do , i think i shall concentrate my efforts on making this work
with the new version when the debs appear and will summarise to this list
when its done.

> Perhaps Makefile.PL should get the version string to compare against
> some other way - suggestions/patches welcome.  I'd really like to avoid
> duplicating the information though, as that adds to the list of tedious
> things to do when making a release

> To answer the original question, I don't currently build backported
> packages of libsearch-xapian-perl for the repo on xapian.org, but it is
> something I'm hoping to find time to sort out.

I am happy to help you with doing this , this kind of thing is quite
scriptable and can even be triggered directly from version control.

Thanks All.

Toodle-pip
Amias