[Xapian-discuss] Xapian across multiple servers

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Wed Jul 23 15:27:08 BST 2008

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 04:08:12AM +0100, Olly Betts wrote:

> The NFS caching issue is rather relevant to admins, especially if the
> cache gets flushed even for the client modifying the database (as that
> would mean putting the database on NAS isn't good).

Does anyone have any knowledge of the serious NAS FSs in this respect?
I believe AFS provides partial updates, and it's possible you can do
similar things with SAM-FS (does that have a distributed version?).
There are probably also tricks you can do on linux with block-level
replication out of DRBD.