[Xapian-discuss] Dreaded "Premature end of script headers: omega"...

Bill Hutten bill at hutten.org
Tue May 6 00:57:42 BST 2008

Hi all:

I've (almost) successfully setup Xapian and Omega on a Linux machine -
the index has been created successfully, and using omega from the
command line works perfectly...

However - it's not working as a CGI - I consistently get "Premature
end of script headers: omega" in the Apache error log.

I've placed the "omega" executable in the cgi-bin directory, along
with the "omega.conf" file.  (Is the .conf file required to be
"beside" the omega executable)?  I've also checked permissions - my
cgi-bin directory is owned by "southshore.psaserv", as is the omega
executable and the omega.conf.

I'm obviously missing something... anyone care to point it out to me?
I've checked the mailing list archives and the only suggestion was to
make sure that the permissions on the omega executable matched the
permissions on the cgi-bin directory - but they seem to match fine...

Help appreciated.

- bill
---
bill at hutten.org