[Xapian-discuss] Xapian Terms vs. Document Partition.

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Wed May 14 17:52:54 BST 2008

On Fri, May 09, 2008 at 12:20:03PM -0700, Kevin Duraj wrote:

> I am saying that we must implement index partitioning based on terms
> like Google and not based on documents.

Kevin - "must" is a pretty strong word, given that no one else seems
to be having scalability problems which would suggest this as a useful
route. Given it seems to fit with your specific application domain,
you are probably the best person to look into this further, and
perhaps come back with a prototype or design to show how it would work
in the context of the existing Xapian infrastructure (particularly the
current matcher and optimisations)?