[Xapian-discuss] STEM_SOME and prefixes.. (even boolean)

Matthew Somerville matthew at mysociety.org
Fri May 16 11:21:15 BST 2008

Jesper Krogh wrote:
> Have you set stemming strategy to STEM_SOME?

Yes; but I only have single character boolean prefixes as in the example
code I gave. From Olly's mail, it sounds like you are doing something like:
     $queryparser->add_boolean_prefix('acc', 'ACC');
?

And then QueryParser doesn't know how to spot where the prefix ends and the
term begins. So you can either switch to a single letter prefix in both
indexer and query (that's what we have), or change your indexer to add the
ACC terms to the database with the colon.

I guess something about multi-letter prefixes should go on the wiki/docs,
but I'm not sure where would be the best place.

ATB,
Matthew