[Xapian-discuss] Trouble understanding MultiValueSorter with PHP bindings

Jason Chapin jason at roasted.org
Wed Aug 5 17:50:38 BST 2009

Hi all,

Using the PHP5 bindings, I have been trying to sort results using
MultiValueSorter:
        $enquire = new XapianEnquire($database);
        $enquire->set_query($query);
        $sorter = new XapianMultiValueSorter();
        $sorter->add(2);
        $enquire->set_sort_by_key($sorter, false);
        $matches = $enquire->get_mset((int)$startAt, (int)$perPage);

the results always come sorted by ascending docId. My understanding of
$sorter->add(2) is to sort the results on the third field of the
document (field 0 being the docId and field 3 being the second field
defined in the scriptindex file used to build the database). Any advice
apreciated.

Regards,
Jason

--