[Xapian-discuss] Debian and Ubuntu packages of 1.0.14

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Thu Aug 13 06:35:08 BST 2009

Debian unstable now has packages of 1.0.14, and xapian-core has migrated to
testing, but the other packages haven't due to an odd issue on HPPA.

The xapian-backports PPA on launchpad now has 1.0.14 backports, including
libsearch-perl-xapian 1.0.14.0 (except on Ubuntu 6.06 (dapper)):

https://launchpad.net/~xapian-backports/+archive/ppa

I've not yet sorted out packages for Debian stable on backports.org.  I'm
nearly a Debian Developer now (just need to get checked by two people) and
you need to be a DD to upload to backports.org, so it has seemed easier just
to wait than pester people to sponsor uploads, but at the current rate of
processing, it could still be months before I'm actually able to, so if
you're eagerly awaiting such backports, do speak up.