[Xapian-discuss] Repairing corrupt search DB

Alex Viggio aviggio at bivio.biz
Tue Aug 25 16:09:57 BST 2009

Olly Betts wrote:
> This recovery should have happened automatically, and it would be useful
> to understand why it didn't in this case.
>
> Do you have the original base files still?  If so, how large are they?

Yes I backed that up. Unfortunately the Xapian data tarball is 7.3G
(4.1G gzip'd). This includes all of the .base[AB] and .DB files in the
corrupted state:

   929 Aug 24 12:13 value.baseA
  2.3G Aug 24 12:13 postlist.DB
   37K Aug 24 12:13 postlist.baseA
   16M Aug 24 12:13 record.DB
    12 Aug 24 12:13 iamflint
   929 Aug 24 12:14 value.baseB
  989M Aug 24 12:14 termlist.DB
   16K Aug 24 12:14 termlist.baseB
   16K Aug 24 12:14 termlist.baseA
   269 Aug 24 12:14 record.baseB
   64K Aug 24 12:14 position.baseB
   64K Aug 24 12:14 position.baseA
     0 Aug 24 12:14 flintlock
   57M Aug 24 12:14 value.DB
   269 Aug 24 12:14 record.baseA
  4.0G Aug 24 12:18 position.DB

> 1.0.10 fixed an issue which could lead to DatabaseCorruptError if the
> disk filled up.  There hasn't been anything since then.

I checked the 1.0.13 and .14 release overviews, and that appeared to be
the case.

Thanks,
- Alex