[Xapian-discuss] Xapian performance on gmane.org compared

Henry henka at cityweb.co.za
Thu Aug 27 19:34:58 BST 2009

Quoting "Richard Boulton" <richard at tartarus.org>:
> Just to note - chert is still in development,

I know -- I decided to give it a try for the time being while we're
doing an initial index run and page rank analysis.  The idea being
that it would be great to jump the gun a little and use the next-gen
index format, and possibly stick with it if things pan out.

> and there are certainly issues
> with its performance (eg http://trac.xapian.org/ticket/326 ).  Have you
> tried this with flint, and if so, how do the times compare?

I haven't tried flint; perhaps I should give it a try (and give up on
the dream-like belief that the latest bleeding-edge chert *must* be
better :).  Do you have any idea how it compares search
performance-wise?  Especially with phrase searching?