[Xapian-discuss] Xapian performance on gmane.org compared

Arjen van der Meijden acmmailing at tweakers.net
Fri Aug 28 08:12:33 BST 2009

On 28-8-2009 8:31, Henry wrote:
> "latest Xapian" == stable 1.0.1[123]? ...or svn?
> Using which db format: flint or chert?

We only use and used the production-ready 1.0-tree. I have no idea which
version was the latest in April.

> Can you share details on the file system and compaction block size?

I already did a while back:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.search.xapian.general/7497

> Those are good results.  Is this using a single search server - also
> with SSDs?

This was and is indeed only one server, and the old one I described vs
the new one with four SSDs in raid5, much more and faster memory and
much faster cpu's with more cores each.

Best regards,

Arjen