[Xapian-discuss] omindex options

Srijon Biswas srijon.biswas at googlemail.com
Tue May 19 14:00:21 BST 2009

Hi.

I am writing a python equivalent of omindex (we are using scriptindex
currently - but I wanted to use omindex instead, and extend it to work with
our internal file format.. BUT did not want to compile code if possible...
so anyway).

I have tried to keep the code as close to possible to the omindex native
code, but am facing a bit of confusion: what exactly is the reason for
omindex to take in a base directory AND a subdirectory. In other words, what
scenario is possible that cannot be covered by just passing in a directory
and a corresponding mapping to the url.

* I _know_ there was something I read somewhere about this - but could not
find it when I needed it (now). If someone has a link, that would help as
well.
** I am wondering if the tool would be interesting/usable to anyone else -
please let me know if so. Right now I am only trying for html support, but
once this works, adding in other file format support should be as easy as
adding it to the native omindex if not more so (I hope ;) )

Thanks,
Srijon.