[Xapian-discuss] DatabaseCorruptError

Andrew Betts andrew.betts at assanka.net
Mon Jan 17 13:59:57 GMT 2011

> Well, the message is saying the database is corrupt, but I'm surprised
> that it would only happen erratically on opening - I would expect it to
> be repeatable.
>
> If you run xapian-check on the database what does it say?  Best to
> disable updates while you run it.

It produced this:

record:
baseA blocksize=8K items=336 lastblock=1 revision=1684 levels=0 root=1
B-tree checked okay
record table structure checked OK

termlist:
baseA blocksize=8K items=672 lastblock=276 revision=1684 levels=1 root=168
B-tree checked okay
termlist table structure checked OK

postlist:
baseA blocksize=8K items=29270 lastblock=236 revision=1684 levels=1 root=3
B-tree checked okay
postlist table structure checked OK

position:
baseA blocksize=8K items=91596 lastblock=328 revision=1684 levels=1 root=328
B-tree checked okay
position table structure checked OK

spelling:
Lazily created, and not yet used.

synonym:
Lazily created, and not yet used.

No errors found

Which looks normal to me.  It's a very small database.  We are storing
it on a network share, if that makes any difference... one server
updates it and a number of others read from it.

The error has happened 3 times in 2 weeks.  In that time we've had a few
tens of thousands of searches.  So it's rare :-)  But common enough to
be annoying!

Andrew