[Xapian-discuss] Contributing to the project-REG.

Subham Soni subham.soni007 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 08:02:00 GMT 2014

Hi,

I am subham soni.  I am pursuing my final year in Computer science and
engineering.

I am very much interested in information retrieval,  but I am a newbie in
it.

I know the three stages of IR that are analyzing the query,  Indexing and
ranking.

I have a fair idea about page rank and crawlers and inverted index
mechanism.

But when it comes to implementation I am stuck or I don't find where to
implement meaning the corpa.

So I thought I can give a hand in a search engine development project.
There I found xapian.

Basically my thought is any search engine must provide results related to
the user and his context and limit the results and not flood with many.

For example if I want to know how to program a linked list in c then the
best resources must be provided like from coursera and tutorialspoint etc.
And a few more.  But not a lacs of results for the same because it is going
to consume the processing time and secondly the user won't have time to
visit all links.

I have many suggestions like this.

Can I join this project and start contributing?

I am good at core java and basic python.